Have You Ever Thought About Hiring a Professional Coach?
By now you have heard of coaching for professionals. Coaching is no longer just for athletes and musicians.
But how do you know if and when you should hire a coach? Here is a quick TRUE/FALSE quiz to find out if now’s the time.
- I find myself planning WEAKLY instead of WEEKLY.
- I am efficient AND effective.
- I sometimes feel like I’m busy working “in” instead of “on” growing my business or practice.
- I know my goals pass the S.M.A.R.T. test. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound)
- I would rather reach a goal vs. solve a problem.
- I typically inspect what I expect from myself and from others.
- There are 3 or more things in the last 12 months I have stopped doing due to time constraints.
- I know I delegate effectively.
- I share my dreams at least once a year with a valued, trusted friend or significant other.
- I know what ONE thing in my life I am most passionate about.
KEY: Give yourself 2 points if you answered TRUE to questions 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10. Deduct one point if you answered TRUE to questions 1, 3 and 7.
If you scored 10 or higher you are in a good place in your life right now. Monitor your thoughts and feelings and if or when you feel them changing, then would be the time to take action.
If you scored between 6 and 9, now might be a good time to seek a professional coach to help you achieve greater balance and increase your satisfaction from life.
If you scored lower than 6, now is definitely the time to begin a relationship with a professional coach. This score indicates a need for assistance in identifying, developing, and implementing an action plan to enhance the behaviors, attitudes, and skills necessary for your personal and professional success.
Source: ~ Kathy Szpakowski, CPBA, CPVA, of KBS Group, Inc. a certified Professional Behavior and Values Analyst.
Be the First to Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.