How to Have Your Best Year Ever!
We often think of New Year’s as the time to start fresh and make those famous resolutions. But anytime is the right time to take control of our lives, to choose how we will live. Real success in life is about balance, about choosing priorities, and then following a plan to focus on the things that are most important to us. The following suggestions can help...
- Take time to decide what you really want this year. What would make it a great year, a fantastic year for you?
- Mark one day each month, just for you. Use ink, not pencil, and schedule an appointment with yourself for one full day each month. Have fun and renew yourself, just for the joy of it.
- Take more vacation than you had planned. Look at the calendar and write in a couple extra weeks off! Do things you enjoy, but mostly relax.
- Commit to a project you’ve dreamed of but haven’t done. This is not a “should” or a “have to,” this is one of those, “I’ve always wanted to, but never did” projects.
- Be kind to yourself and those around you. Be gentle, practice patience, expect the best and settle for nothing less.
Source: Dr. Philip E. Humbert